Costs of male sterilisation
The costs of sterilisation performed at Andros are €400. In general, hospitals apply similar or higher charges.
Our clinics are especially for men and have the ZKN-keurmerk (ZKN certificate).
Drs. Nader Naderi
Male sterilisation and health insurance
Sterilisation not covered in basic package of health insurance
Sterilisations costs are not covered in the basic package of health insurers, which means you will have to pay for the costs yourself charged by clinics or hospitals.
You pay €400 by debit card at our reception. It is not possible to pay in cash. We will send you the invoice for the sterilisation procedure after processing the administration following the NZa rules (NZa= Dutch Healthcare Authority). This will be 6 weeks after the sterilisation procedure.
You do not need a referral from your GP, if you pay for the costs yourself and you are more than 30 years old.
Reimbursement via supplemental insurance
Some supplemental insurances provide reimbursement of sterilisations. In this case, you can reimburse the expenses of the sterilisation procedure with your health insurer. You may need a referral from your GP or approval from your health insurer. We advise you to contact your health insurer before visiting our clinic.
Why choose Andros?
- Since 2004, Andros has provided urological care to men.
- Sterilisations are always carried out by professional and well-experienced urologists.
- Our clinics have the ZKN-keurmerk (ZKN certificate) referring to the highest possible quality standards in our field of specialism.
- High satisfaction rate: 8.8 from reviews on Zorgkaart Nederland.
Immediate procedure, or need more information?
Do you consider male sterilisation at Andros? If so, these are the options:
- Informative first visit, followed by a second visit to perform the procedure. This first visit is free of charge and without any obligations.
- Immediate procedure on your first visit. Certain conditions apply for the Single Visit procedure, read more about Single Visit >
Make an appointment