Conditions for male sterilisation during the first visit
- You are 30 years or older.
- You do not want to have (more) children.
- You do not suffer from a heart condition.
- You do not use any blood-thinning medications.
- Earlier, you did not have surgery on your testicle (e.g. hydrocele, varicocele, retractile testicle, former reversal operation), or an inguinal hernia operation with complications.
- You are aware of the fact that the procedure is permanent and undoing it will be difficult.
- You are aware that the procedure is carried out under local anaesthetic.
- You are aware that you will have to pay the sterilisation costs as health insurers mostly do not cover these expenses.
- Prior to the procedure, you will carefully read the information about ‘Male Sterilisation’.
- You will arrange for a driver to take you home after the procedure.
Why choose Andros?
- Since 2004, Andros has provided urological care to men.
- Sterilisations are always carried out by professional and well-experienced urologists.
- Our clinics have the ZKN-keurmerk (ZKN certificate) referring to the highest possible quality standards in our field of specialism.
- High satisfaction rate: 9.0 in 2022 from reviews on Zorgkaart Nederland.
Read more about:
The ZKN-keurmerk (ZKN certificate) guarantees quality, professionalism, safety and hygiene with independent assessments.